Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekly Training Wrap - 3/26 - 4/1

It has been a while, but I put together two pretty strong weeks of training. Things were on the easy side the first few days as I spent time with family in St George and recovered from a tough weekend. Then I got in back-to-back long runs for the first time in June of last year. Both runs had some quality to them -- Saturday was trails and Sunday was MP miles.  In total, my weekend was 34 miles and more than five hours of running. And I started a new x-training program that kicked my butt on Thursday and Friday. I am a bit whooped right now. But I am getting into a groove with my "ultra" training schedule (4 weeks in).

Saturday also brought the close of April. That is an obvious time to look at training from a macro level. The results are somewhat mixed. The disappointing thing was my first sub-200 mile month (198) since July of last year (when I both tapered and recovered from a 50 mile race). It is probably for the best longterm, but it was aggravating trying to deal with injury. The positive is that my 12 month moving average of training had me at just shy of 3000 miles. I have maintained a high level of training for a while now.

Day Miles Notes
Monday 5 Easy Pace
Tuesday 10 Easy Pace
Wednesday6 GA Pace
ThursdayRestx-training
FridayRest x-training
Saturday 16 Deer Creek Trail
Sunday 18 LR w/ MP miles
Total 55 About 3700 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment