Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekly Training Wrap - 4/9 - 4/15

This whole week served two purposes for me: 1) cut back in mileage and 2) taper to race a half marathon.  It worked because the outcome of my race was phenomenal a 6 minute PR. Good thing it was fun because the road racing season is just about done for me. I am not 100% committed to a plan for the Colorado Marathon in three weeks, but it is doubtful that it will be a race effort.

This week is back to more of the same: hill work, weights, possibly some trails, and quite possibly a really long run (30 - 40 miles) to get some time on my feet and work on some nutrition plans. I finally got my head out of the LT100 clouds for a bit and thought some about my 50 miler in June.  That is a high quality race that will be an excellent opportunity to test my fitness, my trail running, and my nutrition/hydration plans. I have yet to think too much about the Grand Canyon, but that is next on my list of priorities to plan/understand. There will not be any time goals for that event, but I still need to be prepared for the excursion and how I am going to handle a largely unaided event.

The long and the short of it is that my season is really just beginning! Everything I have done up until now was just a warm up to keep me fit for the summer season.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest x-training
Tuesday 8 Tempo Workout
Wednesday8 Recovery Pace
Thursday8GA Pace
FridayRest x-training
Saturday 4 Easy Run
Sunday 14 Half Marathon PR
Total 42 About 1700 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment