Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weekly Training Wrap - 4/2 - 4/8

It has been a good four week run since I started making my way back from injury.  I have averaged more than 50 miles per week with more than 5K of climbing each week.  And I have totaled 7.5 hours of cross training (nearly 2 hours per week) in that time.  Total time training over the 4 weeks is 40 hours.  In summary, the "comeback" is coming along well. That said, I am feeling a little beat up and ready for a cut back week. I think I will take an easy week -- including a week off of heavy weights -- and race this weekend's Platte River Half marathon.  It might be the only race effort I put forward until 8/18/2012 at 4 am.

Enough about me: my wife finally pulled the trigger and signed up for the Steamboat Marathon! I am super happy for her. She had a good 17 mile run this week and decided it was time. It will be fun to share this journey with her. I cannot wait to see the sense of satisfaction in her face when she crosses the finish line.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest x-training
Tuesday 4 TM Hill Workout
Wednesday8 Recovery Pace
Thursday10GA Pace
FridayRest x-training
Saturday 20 Long Run
Sunday 10 Mt Falcon Trail
Total 52 About 8100 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment