Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekly Training Wrap - 3/18 - 3/24

Trying to stay active as I work through and ITB injury. Though, is inflammation really an injury? I am treating this with a bunch of physical therapy exercises and stretching, and neither is likely to cure a case of inflammation and aggravated tissue. I am going to try some different tissue therapies and see if they work. I cannot process how this kind of thing can keep a runner down for months -- like many experience. Should I continue to include the PT type stuff and stretching into my routine, possibly even more of it? Yes. But I think that is more to prevent getting injured than cure it.

Until I am back on track with injuries, I am going to mess around with training schedules. The plan will be to do 3 days a week of running and 3-4 days a week of cross training. The cross training will be divided much like I have in my previous blog posts. I will likely do 2 days a week of strength training, one day a week of running specific training, and then a bunch of shorter workouts comprised of things like core and running PT stuff. We'll see how it goes and where my motivation is at after a few weeks.

With only a month to the race and coming off a three week layoff (and counting), it is looking doubtful I can compete at the Cheyenne Mtn 50K. More likely, I will see if I can drop down to the 25K distance. Hopefully I can run that far a month from now.

Day Miles Notes
Monday 4 Easy with short intervals
Tuesday Rest PT and Yoga for the core
WednesdayRest Sick
ThursdayRestSick
FridayRest Strength Training
Saturday 7Easy
Sunday 3 ITB shut me down
Total 14 About 0 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment