Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekly Training Wrap - 1/7 - 1/13

My plans got somewhat mixed up this week as we decided to do a last minute weekend trip to Fort Morgan, CO for my son's wrestling team. I decided just to swap weeks and call this a cutback week. Things  continue to move along pretty well and my body continues to respond to training, particularly to easy workouts. I did a relatively had effort on Thursday and was a little bit disappointed with the results. My HR seemed pretty darn high considering that 6:55 used to be my half marathon pace. That said, it was on a treadmill and I've never been a great treadmill speed runner. I find it both mentally and physically exhausting. The exact same workout outside almost always seems easier to me.

While I continue to stay on top of the strength and core training, I think I am going to reign it in a bit with only 4 weeks before taper starts. I will continue to do lots of maintenance, but I will look to keep my workouts to under 30 minutes instead of an hour or more (in some cases). At this point I want to keep the focus on finishing out strong and really resting on my rest days.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest P90x - Legs, Chest, and Ab Ripper
Tuesday 8 Easy
Wednesday5 Recovery, Yoga for the Core and PT
Thursday7Easy
Friday7 4 Tempo miles in Zone 4
Saturday RestRest
Sunday 18 Easy Long Run
Total 45 About 3300 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment