Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekly Training Wrap - 3/5 - 3/11

Whew, what an interesting week! First of all, I was traveling most of the week to see my clients in San Francisco. The weather was phenomenal and I enjoyed the whole city very much. And, of course, it is a running community much like Boulder. Thus, I had to get out and enjoy some of it. And finally, I started getting some clarity on my injury situation. After more than a week of putting it off, I saw a doctor on Friday. My injury is a minor case of post-tib. The good news is that everything else in my foot was in perfect working order. The doctor gave me a cortisone shot which has helped with the pain in less than 24 hours. While I could probably hit the pavement hard again if I wanted to, I think I will take a week or so and ease back into my training.

The positives this week:
  • Some clarity on my injury and treatment
  • A slight pick up in mileage (10 more over last week)
  • A quality MLR (sub-8:00 pace with 850 feet of climbing)
  • A solid LR on Saturday with my running group
The negatives this week:
  • I am still about 15 miles shy of a normal/maintenance week
  • Another week of spotty training
  • Not much elevation gain
On the whole, the positives outweigh negatives by quite a bit. I am happy with the positive step forward.

I am going to have to re-evaluate my training strategy for the next couple of weeks. I want to get onto my LT100 plan and keep the miles relatively low for a while. But I also want to get in some long runs to give me a punchers chance at a decent run on May 6th.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest
Tuesday 8 GA run with progression
Wednesday13 MLR across Golden Gate Bridge
Thursday 5Hills on Lombard street
FridayRest
Saturday 16 Long Run
Sunday Rest Unscheduled Rest
Total 42 About 2100 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment