Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekly Training Wrap - 12/12 – 12/18

Not much new to add this week. This was just a filler week as I recover from my marathon and ramp up for 2012. Marathon recovery seems complete (or nearly so) as quicker paces feel comfortable. With Christmas coming up, I have acquired a bunch of new running gear for 2012.  And, as usual this time of year, I am spending a ton of time reflecting on this great season and looking forward to next!

I have two more races to add to my schedule. One will be the San Juan Solstice 50 miler on June 23rd.  Registration does not open until mid January and it fills quickly. The course is extremely difficult. So much so, they say you can double your time and comfortably predict a LT100 mile outcome (most 50 milers they recommend 2.5x your time). I need to fine something in July, but I am waiting on family vacation plans to commit. I may just end up doing the Leadville Silver Rush as a nice long training run. That is a convenient one because it doesn't fill and I have lots of time to think it over. It has the obvious benefit of being in Leadville for race simulation type considerations.

I also want to get out and hit some cool trails this summer to both train and scout for Leadville.  My wife and I usually exchange "trips" where we each get to go somewhere with our friends for 3 - 5 days. This year I am thinking of using my trip to pack up a tent and go hit the trails for 4 or 5 days. A good portion of that time will be spent in Leadville to scout out parts of the course.  I definitely want to see Hope Pass at least once before race day.

Day Miles Notes
Monday 5 Easy pace
Tuesday 10 GA pace
WednesdayRest
Thursday 8GA pace
Friday5 Recovery pace
Saturday 13 GA pace (faster side)
Sunday 6 Easy pace
Total 47 About 3600 vertical feet gained

No comments:

Post a Comment