Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Weekly Training Wrap - 11/28 – 12/4

I ran my goal marathon this week.  You can read a detailed version of my race report, but let's just say that I executed my race plan poorly and it cost me.  I still had a good result, but not what I hoped.  The big question is what's next?  Obviously my entire season is going to be built around LT100, but it doesn't mean I cannot have a little fun first.  I have outlined a rough training strategy that I hope to follow.  Included in the plan are some potential races.  Unfortunately, time will not allow me to do them all, so I have to pick a few.  After last weekend's blown attempt at 3:15, I am feeling a little anxious to try again.  The most important thing is to pick sensible goals that are helping me toward my 100 mile adventure.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest
Tuesday 6 Recovery pace
Wednesday7 Dress Rehersal: 2 x 7:12
Thursday Rest
Friday 4 Recovery pace
Saturday 4 Recovery pace
Sunday 26 Vegas RnR 7:33 pace
Total 48 About 2000 vertical feet gained

No comments:

Post a Comment