Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekly Training Wrap - 5/7 - 5/13

This week was devoted to recovery from the Colorado Marathon, attempting to give my sore left ankle some rest, and prepare for my Grand Canyon Rim2Rim2Rim adventure next week.  I took several days and did some light weights and power walking/hiking at high grades (15 - 21%) on the treadmill. Things are still not 100% and may not be for some time. I will manage while I can as things recover quickly in between workouts.

I did a total of 10 hours of training this week, but it was pretty scattered.  Only 4.75 hours of the training was traditional running.  This was intended to give my ankle some time to heal.  Another 2.75 hours was power hiking on the treadmill at steep grades to prepare for some steep climbs in races this summer.  And the remaining 2.5 hours was a variety of cross training, including weights, yoga, and core work.


Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest Yoga, upper body weights
Tuesday 1 TM Power Hike
Wednesday4 TM Power Hike
Thursday4TM Power Hike
FridayRest Total body weights
Saturday 20 Long Run w/ my wife
Sunday 10 Trail Run
Total 39 About 9800 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment