Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekly Training Wrap - 08/29 – 09/04

As many of you that follow me on the DailyMile know, I am training for two races at the moment. However, I prefer to follow a plan that has more miles on the weekend and fewer miles during the week. Running MLR runs before work just feels like work to me. Thus I have chosen to follow an ultra plan from the book "Relentless Forward Progress" -- the training for a 50K on 50 miles per week. I added a few miles Thursday because it felt right and I was up early in the morning (4:30). Saturday was a tough trail run to keep my vertical skills improving and to prepared for the Lead King Loop trail race. As always I try to do core work (push ups, leg raises, crunches, or Yoga) at least 5 days a week.

The only other big news this week is that I am trying to find a new goal. There has been some movement over the last few days on that. I am not going to reveal it until I feel things are a little more certain. I am hoping to take a small group on this adventure. This adventure will entail 50ish miles with 12K feet of climbing and will likely take place in early May.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest
Tuesday 7 GA pace
Wednesday 5 Easy pace
Thursday 10 3 miles at Tempo pace
Friday Rest
Saturday 20 Trail miles with 4200' vertical gain
Sunday 8 Easy pace
Total 50 Almost 6500 vertical feet gained

No comments:

Post a Comment