Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekly Training Wrap - 4/28 - 5/4

Whew, tough week of training this week. I have been doing speedwork the past two weeks and decided to mostly easy/maintenance running during the week and I am sure glad I did because I went hard on the weekend. Saturday I went vert hunting at Mt Falcon, including two trips up the Turkey Trot trail. My first trip was my 2nd fastest time ever up that hill. Of course, I paid for that later as it heated up and I ran shy of fluids. After a long day of family activities, I did not get to sleep until almost 11 pm on Saturday night. Then I was up early for an AM trail race on Sunday. I didn't feel super fresh but managed to push reasonably hard and run a sub-8 pace for that (almost) half marathon.

Today, I am totally wiped out. The good news is that I know I trained hard, but also that I should go easy the next few days as I gear up for another race this weekend (Quad Rock 25). Quadrock isn't a goal race by any means. But I'd sure like to give it a good effort. We'll see how my body feels as the early miles of the race unfold.

A photo of me on the podium after my 2nd place finish at Battle of the Bear on Sunday.


Day Miles Notes
Monday OffRest
Tuesday 8 Bluffs
Wednesday9 Progressive Length Fartleks
Body Weight Training
Thursday9MAF
Friday4 Easy
Saturday 21Mt Falcon
Sunday 13Battle of the Bear Half Marathon
Total 63About 8500 feet of vert

No comments:

Post a Comment