Monday, April 21, 2014

Weekly Training Wrap - 4/14 - 4/20

A solid week of training for me, even though it was a long-awaited cutback. I had an email conversation with my buddy Jon about how to take my training to the next level. And the decision was quality, in particular quality and structure on my long runs. I have been pretty comfortable doing easy runs and building a base, but I think I have reached a point where the gains from that are limited. With that in mind, I did three quality workouts this week. None of them put me too deep in the red, but all of them designed to break me out of the slow miles that I've been logging. This week I return to the higher volume training and some trail specificity this weekend, including a course preview for North Fork 50. Things feel good and I am really happy to be training again!

Day Miles Notes
Monday OffBody Weight Training
Tuesday 8 Progressive Bluffs Loops
Wednesday5 Easy
Thursday7Tempo
FridayOff Strength Training
Saturday 14Structured Long
Sunday 10Easy
Total 45About 3500 feet of vert

No comments:

Post a Comment