Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekly Training Wrap - 10/03 – 10/09

This week was a cutback week and I really enjoyed it. There were a couple of highlights to the week.  The first was my Wednesday V02 max workout. Jon gave me advice on my splits: I am assuming because he was helping me test my limits. It was hard and I didn't quite complete the workout the way I wanted, but it is a sign that I have a bit more in the tank than I realized. The second highlight was the Saturday run through the snow and rain. I can only think of a few runs that were even close to this tough with weather:

(Funny, Jon seems to be a part of all those stories.) And the final highlight of the week was going down and watching my wife and a bunch of my friends kick butt at the Denver Rock and Roll Marathon and Half Marathon. In particular I would like to thank my wife (1:55 half with almost no training) and Chuck (2:53 full despite fighting through injuries) for inspiring me to continue giving it my all. What an energizing way to kick off the remaining tough weeks of my training!  In fact, I have officially changed my goal to 3:20.

This week will be little more of a challenge because I am in Texas until Wednesday evening where the weather is supposed to be in the 90's with unbearable humidity.  And this might be the toughest week on the Pfitz 18/55 plan.  In particular I am dreading the 11 miler with 7 @ half to 15K pace.  Yikes.  Fortunately I'll be 6K (yes six thousand!) feet lower in elevation when I attempt it.  According to the altitude adjustment calculator, that should be a 25 second per mile benefit.

I am just shy of 2000 miles running for the year and 150,000 feet of vertical gain, but I still feel strong!

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest
Tuesday 8 GA miles to start my running week
Wednesday8 with 5 x 800: 6:22, 6:18, 6:15, 6:18, 6:30 (crashed on the last one)
Thursday 5 Recovery miles
Friday Rest
Saturday 14 Slogging through the snow
Sunday 8 Somewhere between GA and MP pace.  
Total 43 About 2700 vertical feet gained*


No comments:

Post a Comment