Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Weekly Training Wrap - 4/21 - 4/27

A super solid week of training, finally! In fact, everything lined up really well. I felt strong on just about every run. My heart rate data is suggesting that I am back to near peak fitness -- just one week after complaining that it was lagging. I did both quality (some Progression and Mile Repeats) and specificity (B2B trail runs). And, I got to see the North Fork 50 course on Saturday. I have run CT sections 1 and 2, and I think the course is pretty much on par with what I expected from that area. It is quite pretty, not very technical, and shaded in the areas that aren't burned. Maybe my only complaint is that much of what we saw seems like a mountain biking course. The trail is often narrow and rutted into the terrain. And many of the turns are windy with embankments to allow for fast turns on a bike. That is a pretty small complaint. I think I will love the course. However, it appears to be a course that will be hot and I need to be as prepared as I can for that.

Day Miles Notes
Monday 7Zone 2
Tuesday 11 Progressive
Tuesday 4 Easy
Wednesday5 Easy
Body Weight Training
Thursday8Mile Repeats (6:34, 6:33, 6:33, 6:33)
FridayOff Body Weight Training
Saturday 17North Fork Course Preview
Sunday 13Deer Creek
Total 65About 7200 feet of vert

No comments:

Post a Comment