Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekly Training Wrap - 12/16 - 12/22

A few weeks ago, I said that I would like to break 100 miles for the month and 30 miles for one week. I have now logged back to back 30 mile weeks and am pretty much a lock to get 100 miles this month. Overall I feel pretty good. I think I will take advantage of the holiday week to do some easy trail running and take the week off of strength training, at least with weights. I enjoy mixing in some Yoga for flexibility and body weight strength training.

Right where I want to be....


These past few weeks have been full of mental games. This time of year is always tough for me to find motivation and enjoyment in running. Winter has settled in and I don't much feel like getting up and running alone in the dark. The motivation will return, so I am just trying to be patient. (Signing up for a race always gives me a burst of motivation, more on that in a second.) The other issue is my knee. It sill isn't 100%. However, I am not sure it is supposed to be. By all accounts, I am ahead of the curve for my recovery. And there was simply no way I could have run 30 miles a week back in July. But, there is still a fair amount of low grade, non-specific pain and discomfort. My assumption/hope is that this part of the process and it will clear up, eventually. I did find a small bump on the lateral part of my knee -- could be some type of scar tissue or cyst?  It isn't painful, but I am not sure what it is. Thus, I have made an appointment with my surgeon in the New Year. If he isn't concerned about it, then I will likely take the plunge and sign up for a race. I have to get back on the horse eventually. I am suffering from a lack of confidence right now and just need to push onward and see what happens!

Day Miles Notes
Monday OffYoga
Tuesday 6 Open Space Trails
Body Weight Strength Training
Wednesday7 Solo 4 in the AM
Easy 3 with the kids in the PM
ThursdayOffFull Body Weights
Friday3 Easy 3 with the Dog
Saturday 13Deer Creek
Sunday 4Recovery
Total 33

No comments:

Post a Comment