Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekly Training Wrap - 4/15 - 4/21

Well, I didn't intend to run five days this week, but I just let my body be my guide. I am not willing to declare things 100%, but I feel like I am turning a corner very slowly.  With some more patience, I think I'll be able to start pushing things pretty hard in a few weeks.  I plan to start working close to five days a week with two days a week of weight training and one day a week focused on weak areas. That should allow me to get fit, get stronger, and rest more all at the same time. I've also let me diet go (mostly in terms of portion control) a little bit and plan to resume using MyPlate for a few weeks to get that back on track. My racing weight is about 185 pounds and I am a little over 190 right now.

This upcoming week I have the Cheyenne Mtn 50K. Between injury and lack of training, I don't think I'll be "racing" it. But, if things line up, I'd like to think I am capable of about 5.5 hours on that course in an under-trained state.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Off PT and Strength Training
Tuesday 9 MAF
Wednesday6 MAF
Thursday7MAF and PT
FridayOff PT and Running Strength
Saturday 19Hilly Road Long
Sunday 5 Recovery
Total 46 About 3200 vertical feet

1 comment:

  1. Hi AJ! So glad to see you are running pretty regularly again! Good luck with the race this weekend - even if you decide to just make it a run...
    I was wondering if I could pick your brain on San Juan Solstice if you have time? I'm on the wait list for that race and I'm wondering what type of terrain/footing it is. Can we email about that by chance?

    ReplyDelete