Sunday, December 30, 2012

Weekly Training Wrap - 12/24 - 12/30

A few weeks ago I said that I needed a bit more base before I started hitting the quality. Well, the time has come and I may have over done it this week! Originally I had a lactate threshold pace run scheduled for Christmas day. Snow arrived over night and I opted for a hard effort that amounted to a marathon pace (grade adjusted) on my neighborhood hills. I proceeded to do the LT workout Thursday. And I followed that with a tough weights session on Friday followed by a tempo/steady long run Saturday. Whew! What was I thinking? I ran all day Saturday and Sunday on sore glutes. I plan to take my foot off the gas a bit this week.

Anyway, it was a productive week and I am glad to be running at 100%. I am finding that I really enjoy Yoga on my off days right now. The relaxed intensity, the stretching, and the functional movements seems to really make my off days more enjoyable. But, I still plan to mix it up at least once a week and keep my body guessing.

This week also wrapped up my month and my year. If you haven't already, you can read my year in review over here. As for the month, well it exceeded all my expectations that I had post-injury. I was hoping to be putting in 30 miles a week by the end of the year. Instead, I am more or less full speed. I am so thankful. Here is a quick summary of the month:

  • 227 miles in 34.5 hours, the most I have done since July
  • 23 runs for an average of almost 10 miles per
  • 19K of vertical, a bit below average for the year

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest Yoga and PT
Tuesday 9 MP Snow Effort
Wednesday5 Recovery
Thursday7Tempo/LT 
FridayRest Strength and Core
Saturday 20Steady Paced Long
Sunday 14 Easy Long
Total 55 About 2100 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment