- The race starts with a monster climb, experience tells me I should be able to do that in roughly 3 hours. I will start with 3 water bottles.
- First time I can see crew is about 8 hours into the race and it is also the first time I can get a pacer. But, I don't currently plan to add a pacer until my second crew stop, Lambs Canyon.
- Big Mountain to Lambs Canyon is likely to be the hottest part of the day.
- Right after leaving Lambs Canyon is the second toughest stretch of the day and will require careful planning, likely headlamp and cold weather gear.
- As this is laid out, Chuck is going to get a lot of climbing time in.
- At Brighton, I think I can probably drop down to two water bottles in my pack.
- Looks like I can drop my headlamp at Top of the Wall, which is a pacer exchange only, not an aid station.
|Course Elevation Profile|
|Destination||Miles||Cum Miles||Ascent||Fast Time||Slow Time||Cutoff Time||Notes|
|Bountiful B||5||16.5||1500||9:00 am||10:00 am||-||Drop Bag|
|Big Mountain*||5||32||800||12:30 pm||2:30 pm||5:30 pm||Pacing Starts|
|Lambs Canyon*||5||45||1000||4:00 pm||6:30 pm||10:30 pm||Chuck to Pace|
|Upper Big||9||54||3300||6:00 pm||9:00 pm||1:30 am||Drop Bag|
|Brighton*||5||67||700||9:00 pm||1:00 am||6:30 am||Steve to Pace|
|Pole Line Pass||4||75||1100||11:00 pm||3:30 am||9:00 am||Drop Bag|
|Rock Springs||4||79||1700||-||-||-||Water Only|
|Staton||4||89||900||2:30 am||7:45 am||2:00 pm||Drop Bag|
|Top of the Wall*||2||91||0||-||-||-||Heather to Pace|
|Finish||7||100||560||5:00 am||11:00 am||5:00 pm|
Crew Note (denoted by *): Aid Station Driving Instructions